Our Veterinary Service
Pet Emergency Vet
We hope you never have to worry about a pet emergency, but in the event that they become seriously sick or injured, be assured that you have options. Pet Care Center of Apopka is available during regular business hours to provide emergency vet care to animals in need, including those that are not established patients of our hospital.
Pet Emergency Vet at Apopka, FL and beyond.
Know that your pet’s emergency will take priority. If your pet is in need of emergency vet care, call us at (407) 884-8924.
After-Hours Emergency Vet
Because we are not a 24-hour hospital, we need to refer patients to Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Casselberry for after-hours care. This way, you won’t have to worry about your pet’s safety and well-being should they become sick or injured during the night or early in the morning.
Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Central Florida
195 Concord Drive
Casselberry, FL 32707
How to Tell If Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Sometimes it’s easy to tell when a pet is having an emergency, but sometimes it isn’t. Below are some common signs (both subtle and not-so-subtle) of an emergency you should look out for:
- Coughing continuously
- Refusing food and water for over 24 hours
- Lethargic, sleeping more than normal
- Walking/moving very gingerly
- Whimpers or cries out in pain when touched
- No urination or bowel movement for 24 hours
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24+ hours
- Gagging, smacking lips, or pawing at the neck (could be a sign of choking)
- Foaming at the mouth
- Large quantity of blood in stool, vomit, or urine
- Acting confused and disoriented
- Ingested pills or some other toxic substance
Contact Pet Care Center of Apopka at (407) 884-8924 if you’re concerned about your pet’s health.